Wednesday, January 14, 2009

48 Hours in...

Well I am officially 48 hours into the pain study. Funny thing about participating is that it makes me very aware of the passage of time. I am now reporting my pain experience every 12 hours, with a brief pain inventory every 24 hours. Thought I was doing well yesterday but about 5:30 when my parents came to take Alli and her friend Dawn for volleyball practice I was starting to hurt pretty bad. I hadn't taken anything but Tylenol all day, and had been very awake and "active" (as much as I can be in this state) all day. I can't lift more than 5 lbs and its difficult to reach anything above shoulder level, so there's not a whole lot I can do. But I did sit in the recliner, read and watch TV all day. So before they left I took some prescription meds and decided to lay down for a while. That pretty much did me in- I got up long enough to get Alli some dinner when she got home and shepherd her into the shower and to bed by 10- then I was gone again. Good thing she can pretty much take care of herself! Woke up in the middle of the night needing more medicine, so it wasn't an easy night. Now that the bandages are off and things are starting to swell I'm really feeling the pressure on the incisions.

But overall I am thrilled with the results. Tried on my bikini today after I showered and realized what it was supposed to look like all this time! Can't wait to start working out again and get the rest of me back into shape. I think we'll be hangin' out at the pool alot this summer...don't think Alli will mind now that she's 13 and I think boys are starting to be on her mind even though she won't admit it.

We have a busy couple of weeks coming up. Alli has an indoor soccer game on Saturday, volleyball tournaments start next weekend, along with the SAT, and then following weekend is my 20 year high school reunion. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Not sure who all will be coming to the reunion or how long we'll be staying as there is an indoor soccer game and a volleyball tournament that weekend. Depending on which vb team Alli makes (red or blue) we may have to adjust our schedule! I really want her to make it to the reunion with us. She was only 3 at the last reunion. Then the following week she starts practice for her club soccer team (outdoor). I hope there aren't too many conflicts with practices & games/tournaments. Part of me just wants all the scheduling to get settled so we can work out which events we can't make it to, but that will come with time.

Wow, I dont' think I'll be able to keep up this pace of posting when I go back to work next week...they actually want me to be productive!

No comments: