Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reactions

Well I ventured out in public by myself yesterday after I visited the doctor and got cleared to drive. The doctor said I was doing very well and suspected that I received the test drug vs the control drug during my surgery, as my pain has been very manageable during my recovery, and I haven't had to take much medicine other than the Tylenol to control pain. I go back on Tuesday to get my stitches out.

It's funny to notice people's reactions when they see me now. Even people I don't know seem to treat me differently than they did before. Maybe I'm just more sensitive or observant right now but the little things are quite interesting. For instance, I went to Double Dave's and the guy behind the counter was overly nice in asking me if there was anything special that I wanted to see on the buffet! Then catching guys sneaking a peek at me when I walk by is kind of fun! And I didn't even have anything revealing on, just a button up blouse that had never fit right before...funny how things work out.

I then ventured to Kohl's to shop for new clothes. That was fun! I definitely tried everything on cause I had no idea what would fit me. Bought a few blouses and a new purse, lighter since I'm still restricted to lifting 10 lbs or less. Once I got home I realized that I was not back to 100% yet, as I was exhausted and crashed on the bed for a nap!

Bill came home yesterday afternoon after being in Austin all week and was very happy to see me. It's a good thing he hasn't been around this week or I wouldn't have gotten too much rest! We went to dinner with friends and my brother's family as usual, and had a great time.

Well it's time to get ready for our busy day. Alli's volleyball practice got moved up (great...) so that it now overlaps with her soccer game. Good thing they're 45 minutes apart! We'll head to the soccer game first and if they have enough players without her for the game, then we'll take her to volleyball. If the soccer team needs her, we'll just miss volleyball practice or be late. Good thing we only have 1 kid! Can't imagine what we'd do if we had more than one.

TO my sisters in law, have a safe trip to Galveston to honor your dad's birthday. Bill is with you in thoughts. We miss you Grandpa Bill.

No comments: